This dish is really delicious whether you`re on a clean diet or not.
My kids love it too which is a bonus.
This recipe serves 4.
What you need:
* 4 chicken breasts
* 4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
* 2.5 cups balsamic vinegar
* One handful of fresh Rosemary, minced
* 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* 2 tsp sea salt
* 4 cups cooked wild rice, made with vegetable stock
* 3 scallions, thinly sliced
* 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
* 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
* 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
What you do:
Heat oven to 220°C (425°F).
In a small saucepan reduce the balsamic vinegar by simmering and storing occasionally until it becomes syrup.
Add the garlic and rosemary and simmer for 2 minutes more.
Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and salt.
Place on baking tray and roast in oven for 10 minutes.
Brush with generous amounts of balsamic mixture.
Turn the oven down to 190°C (375°F) and roast for another 10 minutes.
Brush again with balsamic mixture and cook for 2 minutes more.
Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
Make the rice pilaf while the chicken is in the oven.
Cook wild rice according to package interactions but using stock in the water.
Add the scallions, cilantro, mint and sunflower seeds when rice is done. Mix together in a bowl and serve with the chicken.