The asparagus are back in the shops!
Crisp-tender asparagus topped with a mustard vinaigrette, sieved hard-boiled eggs, and chives for an elegant yet easy side dish or salad.
This recipe gives 6 servings.
What you need:
* 3 pounds asparagus, trimmed and stem ends peeled
* 2 hard-boiled eggs, sieved
* 6 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
* 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives
* 1-1/2 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
* 3 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
* 3/4 cup vegetable oil
* Freshly ground pepper and salt to taste
* 1 lemon, grated zest
What you do:
Place asparagus in flat pan, covering with boiling water. Simmer until tender-crisp. Refresh with cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain well, then refrigerate.
Make the Mimosa by mixing hard-boiled eggs, parsley, and chives. Set aside.
Make the dressing by mixing the mustard and white wine vinegar in a bowl, beating with wire whip until smooth. Add oil while beating constantly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Coat asparagus with dressing. Sprinkle Mimosa and lemon zest over the asparagus tips.