I love these! Such a treat to go with my morning coffee.
Make them the night before.
What you need:
* 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour, spooned and leveled
* 1 cup oats
* 1/4 cup pecans
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
* 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
* 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
* 1 tablespoon grated orange zest, plus 1/4 cup orange juice
* 1 large egg
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 2 cups fresh blueberries or one 8-ounce bag frozen blueberries
What you do:
Heat oven to 375° F / 190° C .
Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
In a food processor, process the flour, oats, pecans, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until finely ground.
In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, butter, orange zest and juice, egg, and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and mix just until incorporated (do not overmix). Fold in the blueberries.
Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
(I sometimes sprinkle a little cinnamon on top of the muffins before they go into the oven).
Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 22 to 25 minutes.