Why not try something new?
I was turned on to this recipe from a good friend and urge you to try it too.
What you need:
* 4 cloves of garlic, cut in halves
* 2 dl lager beer
* 2 dl dark beer
* 300 gr. Greyerzer grated cheese
* 300 gr. Chester cheese
* 200 gr. Freiburger Vacherin
* 2 – 3 Teaspoon cornstarch
* 0.5 dl Kirsch
* 600 – 900 gr. pretzels, depending on size
* Season with pepper, nutmeg and maybe a little cayenne
What you do:
Rub the fondue pot well with the garlic.
Add the beer and cheese together in the pot and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and simmer until the cheese is dissolved into the beer.
Mix the Kirsch with the cornstarch and add to the cheese+beer mix, stirring constantly until the fondue “smooth”.
Season to taste and serve immediately.
Break the pretzels into bite sizes and with a fondue fork dip into the pot.
Tip: If you like you can add chopped scallions to the cheese mix.
[...] SATURDAY Lunch: Fried Mushrooms with Fresh Thyme on Rye Bread Dinner: Beer Fondue [...]